Little Women is the classic story of the March family, which consists of Mr. and Mrs. March and their four girls. Practical, yet fashion conscious Meg, who longs for the nice things they used to have. Boisterous bookworm, Jo, who wants to become a writer and wishes she was born a boy. Shy and quiet home-loving Beth, who loves to play the piano and play with her kitties. Finally, the youngest, artistic Amy, who longs for an aristocratic nose.
The story takes place during the American Civil War, and begins with Mr. March away from home as a chaplain to the Union Army, while his wife and daughters remain at home to work and wait for his return. This book follows their joys and sorrows and scrapes along the path to the girl’s becoming grown up ‘little women.’
Many of the scrapes they get into include Laurie – their reckless next door neighbour – who becomes their adopted brother. The two families strike up a lasting friendship, despite their different social standings.
Highlights of this edition are:
* 10 illustrations.
* A free web link to the full-length audio recording of the book – to either listen to online or download. (The audio link only works on the Kobo’s Android and iOS apps).
* It is formatted for ease of use and enjoyment on your kobo reader.
* An active (easy to use) Table of Contents listing every chapter accessible from the kobo menu.
* Plus, about the Author section.
* 872 pages in the kobo format.
This book is unabridged and appears as it was first intended. First published in 1868.